MAKE SURE YOU READ AND COMPLY WITH THESE ‘CONDITIONS OF HIRE’:
1. RESPONSIBILITY: The HIRER shall be responsible for the supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, as well as their care and safety from damage however slight. The HIRER will also be responsible for the behaviour of all persons using the premises, whatever their capacity, and ensure that all persons leaving the premises during or at the termination of, the hiring do so in a quiet and orderly manner to avoid disturbance to local residents. The HIRER will be responsible for proper supervision of car-parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction to the highway.
2. USE OF PREMISES: The HIRER shall not assign the benefit of this agreement, or allow any person(s) to use the premises for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way. The HIRER shall not allow anything to be done, nor anything to be brought on to the premises, which may endanger the same or prejudice any insurance policies in respect thereof.
3. NO INTOXICATING LIQUOR MAY BE SOLD. Where there are children under the age of 14, one adult must be present for every fifteen such children or part thereof. The capacity of the Hall is limited to 60. The HIRER will ensure that the premises are vacated by midnight and the behaviour of those attending must be controlled so as to avoid a nuisance to neighbours.
4. CLEANING: At the end of the hiring the HIRER will be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition, and for ensuring that the premises are properly locked and secured; any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions must be replaced. The Trustees shall be at liberty to make an additional charge in the event that this condition is not met.
5. ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT: At the end of the hiring the HIRER will be responsible for switching off all electrical appliances (including lights, cooker, water boiler and radiators but excluding the fridge and freezer) otherwise the Trustees shall be at liberty to make an additional charge.
6. DAMAGE: The HIRER shall indemnify the trustees for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the premises or to any contents of the premises which may occur during the period of, or as a result of, the hiring. Items must not be affixed to any wall, door or ceiling using pins, nails, Sellotape or any other similar means. Please only use the hooks provided on the beams.
7. CANCELLATION: If the HIRER wishes to cancel the booking, liability for any payment or repayment of the hiring fee shall be at the sole discretion of the Trustees.
8. NON-AVAILABILITY: In the event of the Hall or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it is has been hired, the Trustees shall not be liable to the HIRER for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
9. LIABILITY: The trustees accept no responsibility to the HIRER or users of the Hall for any loss or damage whatsoever.